Students are required to have 100 supervised clinic hours to complete certification towards becoming an Acutonics Certified Practitioner.
The Kootenay Sound Healing Centre runs student clinics throughout the year, please inquire for available dates.
Please contact Theresa if you wish to book private supervised hours at the centre.
Clinical Practice Options
A minimum of 45 hours of clinical credit must be earned from one of the following options supervised by a Senior Acutonics Instructor:
- Students treat clients in a private clinic
- Students treat clients in a public health setting
- Students treat clients as part of a philanthropic mission such as the WU Project
Clinical Observation Option
A maximum of 25 hours of clinical credit can be earned through Clinical Observation:
- Observing treatment of patients by a Senior Acutonics Instructor
Video Conferencing Case Presentation Option
A maximum of 30 hours of clinical credit can be earned through video conferencing with a senior faculty member.
Initial conference could include:
- Presentation of pertinent information related to the client
- Description of issues and concerns
- Discussion of possible factors leading up to complaint
- Assessment of possible issues
- Development of treatment strategy
Student and Senior Faculty Member will discuss possible treatment strategies based on the treatment objectives defined by the student.
Follow up conferences could include:
- Observations and possible results of the treatment strategy
- Was the strategy effective or should an altered approach be considered?
- Success of treatment on both qualitative and quantitative levels.
- Physical, emotional, spiritual changes?
Clinical Case Studies Option
A maximum of 30 hours of clinical credit can be earned for Case Studies. Each case earns 5 hours of clinical credit. Student works with a Senior Faculty Member as a mentor via e-mail, telephone, or in person meetings.
Students may submit case studies documenting clients they are treating. These must be written in Acutonics Case Documentaries format and include the initial treatment and at least two follow-up treatments. Case studies are provided to your supervising Senior Faculty Member who will review the case, provide feedback, and check for correct formatting. After the faculty member has reviewed content, the student makes any recommended changes, and the cases are submitted to the Acutonics Institute, with faculty approval noted.
Study Groups Option
A maximum of 25 hours of clinical credit can be earned through special forums held by a Senior Acutonics Faculty Member:
- Specific topics or challenging cases are presented by students and discussed
- Acutonics treatment is done by students on fellow students
- Acutonics treatments are done on patients provided by the teacher or the students
Trade/Professional Shows Option
A maximum of 20 hours of clinical credit can be earned from this option
- Educating the public about the Acutonics Healing System
- Providing brief treatments, at trade or professional shows accompanied and supervised by a Certified Acutonics Instructor.
Points and Meridian Class (additional day) Option
A maximum of 8 hours may be obtained from this option. This is an optional extra day following an Energetics of Points and Meridians class which is provided by the instructor to allow treatment of clients from the community or of other students from the class.
Case Studies Class (additional day) Option
A maximum of 8 hours may be obtained from this option. This is an optional extra day following the Clinical Documentaries class, which is provided by the instructor to allow treatment of clients from the community or of other students from the class.
Note: At teacher’s discretion, a clinical day can be added to any class however the above two classes are recommended.
Sustainable Living Option
A maximum of 40 hours of clinical credit can be earned from this option.
- Students treat the Earth, crops, flowers, seed, and trees with the Acutonics Healing System, and will also learn to direct remote healing to environmentally challenged areas throughout the globe.
- This option is fulfilled in Llano, New Mexico at Acutonics headquarters through special arrangement with Donna Carey. Additional supervised clinic hours may be offered to local community members during this time.
- A supervising Senior Faculty Member, with the approval of Acutonics Institute, may also offer this option to students.
Documentation of All Clinical Hours
In order to obtain credit for your clinic hours they must be documented on the attached Clinical Hours Documentation Form, the form must include all relevant information indicating how the hours were earned. This includes:
- Type of Clinic Hour
- Number of hours earned
- Supervising faculty signature
- If the case study option is used cases must be submitted to Acutonics for the credits to be granted.
It is the student’s responsibility to maintain clinic hour documentation and receive sign off on their hours from the supervising faculty member.
Payment for Credits
The cost for each clinic hour credit is $25.00 and is to be paid to the supervising Senior Faculty Member. Payment for credits is made prior to the earning of credits. Credit will not be given without advance payment.